Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Water color experiment!

This card was more of a test project for me. I have a really hard time getting the water coloring bit just "right". So one day I went on strike around home and sat down to play. I found out it really is a technique that you just have to sit and play with.

I started out using a 2 1/2 x 3 piece of confetti white cardstock. Stamped the image in black stazon, then using coordinating stamp and write markers, I colored in my images with my lightest color first then blending in a darker highlight. I also used colors I wouldn't usually mix ( a scrap from here or there) In the end I was pleased with the results as it gave me "something different" LOL, not something I usually do. I mounted the confetti white on an old olive piece of CS 3 x 3 1/2, then using stampin dimensionals I added them to my base card. For the base I used a cardsize Pacific Point (now retired :0(, sorry) a scrap of kiwi kiss (also retired) 1 1/4 x 5 1/2, and layed old olive ribbon over the kiwi kiss. I stamped my verse, Three litte words... and inside I stamped "thinking of you". The three little words stampe set is still available, and is a great stamp set for anything you want to say.

So, have fun, go create and let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: