Friday, January 16, 2009

Hugs & Kisses

This card was so much fun, and really pretty simple. It was fun to make and quick and easy to replicate (could be cute for all of those little valentines to send to school!

Stamps: Love you much stamp set (available with the new catalog; set of 6 -$25.95) Paper: Riding Hood Red: scraps, Candy cane lane DSP scraps, vanilla cs card (finished size), Pink Pirouette 4 - 1/4" x 5 1/2" and scraps. Ink: Riding hood red Classic Stamp Pad, Pink Pirouette Classic Stamp Pad Stampin’ Up! Accessories: Snail Adhesive, 5/8" vanilla grossgrain ribbon, linen thread, 3 hearts punch from new catalog, small and large tag punches, scallop circle punch, and 1 - 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, sponges, stampin dimensionals, and paper snips.

First I stamped the big heart from Love you Much in Pink Pirouette on the Pink Pirouette cs randomly. I then stamped two of the scallop stamps in riding hood red ink, one on pink pirouette and punched the center with the 1 1/4" circle, then the same scallop in riding hood red ink on riding hood red cs and punched with the scallop punch. I attached the circle on the center with a stampin dimensional. I then punched the hearts out of candy land dsp, punched two small tags in pink pirouette, and two large ones in riding hood red cs. I sponged the edges of the pink pirouette tags with riding hood red ink, and assembled my tags for layering. Using the 1/16" circle - punched the two small holes and threaded the lined thread and tied a knot. I slid the linen thread on the 5/8" vanilla grossgrain and attached to the pink pirouette background then popped the hearts with stampin dimensionals. I then attached the bottom tag with snail and the top tag with a dimensional for dimension. I added dimensionals to my scallop popped them on the card. And boom - I was done. Sounds like a lot, but with the punches doing the majority of the work. It was really quite simple and a great way to use all the scraps laying around.

No comments: