Thursday, July 23, 2009


Today I was playing with an idea, and again you'll have to forgive me, but I do not remember where the idea came from. If this is from you, please let me know and I will make the appropriate credit! I decided to play with some colors that I wasn't quite sure they would blend, but seemed to come out okay. I think it makes a cute summery (is that a word?) card.

First I took a crushed curry base, then added a layer of old olive punched with the scallop edge punch. I then added a layer of choc. chip. With some scrap of choc chip card stock I stamped the dots from Itty bitty backgrounds with white stazon ink and punched out three circles with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Then punched out three scallop circles in crushed curry. I don't know if you can see in the picture or not but I actually took the paper snips and clipped the edges of the scallops so they would lift a bit. I then punched out a few garden green snippets of the five petal flower punch for the leaves. I added the choc chip centers to the crushed curry scallops and adhered the leaves behind them. Then starting from the center, for positioning purposes LOL, I added the sunflowers to the choc chip layer. I then stamped "just for you" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in choc chip to bottom right corner.

If you haven't already ordered the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, I would! This is a great set that covers about EVERYTHING! It is $36.95 and includes 24 sentiments....it really does cover about everything for any kind of card you could possibly want to send. It works with just about every punch too, or as you can see on this card just fine by itself!

Well, have a great day! If you have any questions please let me know!

Recipe: Teeny Tiny Wishes and Itty Bitty Backgrounds Stamp sets, crushed curry, choc chip, garden green, and old olive card stock. Choc chip classic ink, white stazon. Scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, and paper snips.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers. I was going to use them in my wedding but my mom talked me out of it ;) Great card!