Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feel Better Soon


I just love how this card came out. This is from our July club meeting, and I think the girls had a really great time making this card, and using all the fun tools! I used the Kind and Caring Level 3 hostess set on this card, as I seem to be using it a lot lately. I think this is my new "favorite" set, if I could have just one :0) The original idea came from a very sweet fellow demonstrator friend Marie. Make sure you go by and check her out!

First I took a melon mambo card base and layered it with whisper white card stock. Then took a layer of DSP, rubbed it over with the embossing buddy to keep the excess powder from sticking (yes this thing really does work) and stamped the flower image in Versa mark and covered it with white embossing powder, then heat set it. On a scrap of white I stamped the "feel better soon" sentiment in melon mambo, punched out with the small oval punch and sponged the edges with melon mambo classic ink. I then punched a scallop oval out of pumpkin pie and layered the sentiment. I then adhered a strip on the melon mambo polka dot ribbon flipped over on the DSP layer and adhered it to the whisper white layer. Then using stampin dimensionals I popped on the scallop oval sentiment.

Have a great day! If you have any questions please let me know.

Recipe: Kind and Caring Thoughts (Level 3 hostess set), Melon Mambo, whisper white, and pumpkin pie card stock. Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, melon mambo classic ink, versa mark pad, white embossing powder, embossing buddy, powder pal, SU heat tool, small oval punch, scallop oval punch, stampin sponges, melon mambo polka dot ribbon (flipped over).

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ooohh...very pretty!! Thanks for the mention, and I love your card!

Laura Evangeline said...

These colors just make me feel good!