Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Buzzin By!


This is one of my favorites. A bit time consuming but so worth it in the end. I was very excited! Very rarely do I actually send out cards anymore because I can't seem to find the time to sit down an write anything, but this one I want to get in the mail to my Mom. There is a very long story that goes with Mom....and I don't talk to her as often as I would like, but I want her to know she is ALWAYS on my mind!

For this card I started with a basic whisper white card base then added from there! I punched a scallop out of some scrap and then sponged the clouds around the scallop. I think I used bashful blue ;) Then I stamped the two flowers and a half a bee off the side of the card. I colored them in with S&W markers and used 2 way glue and dazzling diamonds on the flowers and bee wings. Then I went to some scrap and stamped the bee hive, and a bee at the hive. I water colored it with summer sun I think ;) and close to cocoa. I added it to the card with stampin dimensionals to raise it off the page. Then I took some scrap and got to snipping with my very awesome very sharp SU paper snips (I love those little scissors). Then fanned down the blades a little to look like the grass, taller grass that is..more specifically {my grass actually....in need of a good cut LOL}.

So there you have it today, hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Recipe: As close as I can get it :0) Just Buzzin By stamp set, Whisper white CS, Old Olive CS, bashful blue classic ink, cameo coral classic ink, yoyo yellow S&W marker (on the bees), basic black S&W marker, regal rose and ballet blue S&W markers (on the flowers), aqua painters, summer sun classic ink, 2 way glue, stampin dimensionals, scallop circle punch and paper snips.

No comments: